NEWS: North Korea Shells South Korea 11/23/10
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NEWS: North Korea Shells South Korea 11/23/10

"It was one of the most serious attacks by the North on its neighbor since the Korean War ended in 1953. "

Just wanted to hear other future Marines/Marines opinions on this topic. It's still unclear how the United States will deal with this.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40329269...ws-asiapacific

I have a feeling the U.S. will not act directly until our troops are put in danger. The White House will condemn North Korea, but as we have seen in the past, that doesn't mean anything. What we will most likely try to do is put pressure on China to use it's influence to cool North Korea down and make them back off. Ultimately it's up to South Korea to make it's next move.

As a Korean and as a poolee waiting to ship out, it makes me want to go even more. Just got my infantry MOS on contract too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarthura View Post
    As a Korean and as a poolee waiting to ship out, it makes me want to go even more. Just got my infantry MOS on contract too.
    Dude same here my man!

Either way I'm here to kick ass and perhaps take a few names. Communist or Terrorist

Quote Originally Posted by khagmann View Post
    Either way I'm here to kick ass and perhaps take a few names. Communist or Terrorist
    true that brotha. i have been following this story past few days. looks like it is escalating into something big. some say a war with north again could lead to ww3. god i hope not though.

ps: Happy Thanksgiving!

Stuff is really heating up now.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40375643...ws-asiapacific

"Now at the Brink of War"

Not entirely sure if another attack will take place. China is not putting some pressure on North Korea, so I actually think things will cool down for a while.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    There was never actually a peace treaty made to end the Korean War, right? Technically, they're still at war.

Just an Armistice. They are at war.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    That's what I thought.

We should just let the South off the leash we put on em and let them have a field day.

Quote Originally Posted by sdkmcqueen View Post
    We should just let the South off the leash we put on em and let them have a field day.

i agree. if we let the south go we would help to. war is only inevitable with the south and the north. why let them build more nukes and a bigger military? we should euthanize the dog now!

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by sdkmcqueen View Post
    We're not holding the South back, we're keeping the North away. The North would kick the South's ass if we weren't there.

Quote Originally Posted by khagmann View Post

heck yea! I don't want to go to unnecessary war, but honestly, they've been messing with South Korea for so long, I think it's time we gave them an upper cut to the chin

Thread Information